All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What have you done to your tractor today?

Go down 
+121
Nevadablue
MudMachine95
TourMax
diddie
Murraymountain
MatthewD
darkside0914
Crazy_Carl
muddstir
Double W Cross Ranch
Buck
biggasmowers
paulnb57
Ranchrodder
onebadLT4000
TedTheDestroyer
jimtolken
RichieRichOverdrive
Warren Evans
MightyRaze
AllisKidD21
Off Road Domination
mowerheadder
CraftsmanQuad19
chevy8988
ratcatcher
Carshowkid
MoMower
sadeoo7
ThatOneTeen
mr.modified
Fordls45
dwcopple
pukesniffer
Thomas de Boer
baymechanic1009
jamcco
CornShuck4CE
Angchor
kawasaki220
RCTankboy
camomanusa
lincolnmaniac
apollodawg
murrayracer
WilliesBuilds
B440
untrusty huskee
craftsmancole
Moose
Lawren Wimberly
Craftsman1998
Creepycrawler
T-Dub13
Ariens YT11
1997 Murray
FOSWMT
willis923
matt-man
Tyler Vanderwege
TheBeal
Kody6
dragon born
the beast
frostypaws
motorizedeverything
k2500life
RCG
Jerbear0612
crazykid1994
TroyBilt Pony
Derbyman103
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Doc Sprocket
MowBandit
Thecrazyoldcraftman
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
twinbrothers99
bautwell
Hillbilly Homer
Doug
Kel
13mudman13
xxXMowerdudeXxx
mudmonkey06
grizzlydan
tractorboy567
dylansrockinrigs
truckin42
crafsmankiller
TheRainbowBoxer
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
Tractor Man Jeff
Murray modder
Webmaster
THE MTD GUY
richie thomas
Chopperhed
Marines2621
BlackMountian88
CornishMorgan
gilsonrumbler
AcreFarm
gearheadmike
canadianromper
akcender
Plyxrs
F150F250F350
Fattypipemuarry
kill all tuners!
MSteele323
craftsman30mph
CraftsMAN
Trcustoms
Ford Boi
Jamus
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
Growl60
125 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2011, 10:15 pm

Sorry about the crappy pic. the dog must have licked the camera

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Photo_022411_003
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2011, 11:15 pm

rat88 wrote:
Sorry about the crappy pic. the dog must have licked the camera

I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2011, 2:14 pm

well it wasn't today but, yesterday I lifted my rear 6 inches and the front 3 so when I put 25's on the front too it will sit level cheers , she's looking crazy and teasing me cuz I can't ride it yet Rolling Eyes but when I get her going it's going to be blast, going to be lots of videos too hopefully!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2011, 10:43 pm

Took my stock brake rotor off my Rally and 'slotted' it with the grinder, and made brand new pads from automotive brakes (2000 Ford Taurus pads lol) well I always used automotive brake pads for the performance, and I am impressed with the slotted rotor. I can easily lock up my 25x13" tires at full speed with not much pedal, its awesome. Again, stock transmission brake.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2011, 1:36 pm

Ford Boi : Really? Ill haveta try that on one of my tractors - did you slot both sides or just one side of the rotor? My 97 Mastercut has less then great brakes, even after putting a new set in it.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2011, 4:30 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Ford Boi : Really? Ill haveta try that on one of my tractors - did you slot both sides or just one side of the rotor? My 97 Mastercut has less then great brakes, even after putting a new set in it.

Yup I did both sides 6 slots each, and even after going thru some mud and the typical oil leak around the brakes, they still work great. If you havent used automitive brake pads before, you should try it. I think that is the biggest help. Just don't breathe in the dust when you cut them Wink
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 11:00 pm

Yesterday I dug up some taller spindles to replace my old worn/bent ones. I found some nearly 1" taller than my original ones!! Insta-lift! So today I welded on some extran tuping and gussets to the bottom of my axle. Tomorrow I will gusset my spindles and install them. Can't wait to see how it rides with another inch of height up front.
Back to top Go down
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2011, 12:44 am

yesterday I put a gas pedal on mine and figured out all the stuff for the throttle now I just need a pice of bike brake cable to hook it up, I'll take some pictures tomorrow looks kinda wierd because I used a bike pedal but I like it because it spins so it can be held at any position and still be comfortable instead of a stationary pedal
Back to top Go down
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2011, 12:47 am

yesterday I put a gas pedal on mine and figured out all the stuff for the throttle now I just need a pice of bike brake cable to hook it up, I'll take some pictures tomorrow looks kinda wierd because I used a bike pedal but I like it because it spins so it can be held at any position and still be comfortable instead of a stationary pedal
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2011, 6:17 pm

Put my front end all back together and welded some steering stops to prevent over-steer. With the lift I was able to install my tie rod above instead of below the steering tabs. I get full articulation with no interference and it steers and handles much better now I can't wait to test it in some sketchy terrain lol
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2011, 8:08 pm

Made a new flange out of threaded pipe into the block for my exhaust, the old bolt holes had been stripped and tapped to the max.... Now I just have a stub of pipe with studs with the exhaust bolted on. Much better. Also I rolled her over off a rock wall test-driving it today lol...
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2011, 4:47 pm

i did the slotted brake rotor today - but due to rain i reused the stock pads ( cleaned with carb cleaner) - helps somewhat but tractor still creeps- ill have to do more tweeking when i get a chance.

Ive really considered just modding it ( because of the speed) , but its a good mower still.

I am damn glad i spent the time on the mod MTD's transaxle the mastercut has now pulling and grinding the axles so the wheels slide right off after removing the bolt- im gonna attempt that on my other MTD's.
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 8:58 pm

Finally got some progress on the MTD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 10:03 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
i did the slotted brake rotor today - but due to rain i reused the stock pads ( cleaned with carb cleaner) - helps somewhat but tractor still creeps- ill have to do more tweeking when i get a chance.

Ive really considered just modding it ( because of the speed) , but its a good mower still.

I am damn glad i spent the time on the mod MTD's transaxle the mastercut has now pulling and grinding the axles so the wheels slide right off after removing the bolt- im gonna attempt that on my other MTD's.

Either you have hard luck with stock brakes, or I have incredibly good luck lol. Mine are still working great on both tractors.

Today I fabbed a tray and put a car battery in my Rally, works great. Also I busted my main steering rod while rock crawling afterwards, had to dismantle it on the trail it was impossible to drive home.... little bit of a walk but tomorrow I will make a new rod and go out there and install it.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 12:38 am

Its the only one that creeps like that - none of the other MTD's do that .

Almost makes you want to build a recovery tractor or a tractor with a trailer to haul it back and forth .
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 5:45 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Its the only one that creeps like that - none of the other MTD's do that .

Almost makes you want to build a recovery tractor or a tractor with a trailer to haul it back and forth .

Lol yeah, I'd have to make a tractor twice as tough and off-road capable lol. Today I broke a front hub about a mile into the woods. I flipped it over and slid the rim back on with a spare clip and washer I had in my tool set and some how made it home, at a crawl without losing my wobbling wheel. Now I have to weld it back together.... Could have been a long walk lol.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2011, 10:16 pm

Put a 'new' starter and 'new' belt on the Rally today. Also welded together my OTHER front hub, yes within 3 days I broke both. Spent nearly 5 hours on Saturday with 2 friends mudding/ trails had some decent carnage. Broke my starter about 2 miles into the woods, after my buddy left... I struggled for a good hour trying to make my starter drive work with the few parts I had in my case... Ended up using the drawstring from my rain jacket tied to a wrench as a makeshift pullcord and got her started.... Good times!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2011, 3:06 pm

Dang - should haul a trailer with one of every spare part - LOL!

I actually did something FOR my tractors- like put up the new 10x20 autoshelter 'shed' i bot for $50 - great price considering they normally run in the $300 range . I do have to say it was a serious b*itch to assemble alone and the directions couldve been a bit clearer....over all their ' 2 hour assembly' time was WAY off - i started at 9am and finished assembly around 6:30pm - had a few snafu's in assembly but it does say its load rated for snow and waterproof..

Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2011, 3:22 pm

HAHA yeah, or just haul a spare working tractor behind me Razz Woulda been nice today considering I blew my transaxle wide open. Not sure what happened other than a rough gear change, a bang, some horrible grinding and oil all over.... Now to find a way to get it out of the woods.... I don't know if you guys get nasty wind down there, but make sure your carshelter thing is anchored down good- My buddy had one for his Mustang and anchored it with the supplied stuff, and it blew right off the car, somehow never touched the car... Guardian car angel lol
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2011, 4:11 pm

Swapped my diff, replaced the pinion bearings in my parts transaxle and put it all together into the Rally. She works good so far. Did some mudding and rock crawling no problems yet, just hope I don't grenade this transaxle, I am out of spares Sad
Back to top Go down
kill all tuners!

PostSubject: :(   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 9:31 pm

i did a very hard thing, i have a 75-76 bolens 1406 (i think) and the engine in them are very relible untill your block cracks and you dont notice and you keep running it, well , i never hurd a bigger crunch! good thing i got a 30hp vtwin b&s all done up by 600 racing! bounce
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 9:06 am

Ford Boi: Funny you mention that- we had some decently strong winds the other day - whole shed actually moved over a few inches ( wasnt quite finished adjusting things either) - the stock ratchets are junk- i broke 3 of em tightening the thing down- i took a few of my ratchet straps out of my truck and used them.

Surprisingly the original shed was held down by small spikes and never went anywhere ...
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 7:36 pm

Well I blew up 2 rear hubs over the weekend... I seem to be breaking everything lately Mad Just made a new, stronger hub tonight and had everything 99% read and my axle came out... Had to tear down the whole rear end again so I just went ahead and swapped in a new axle. Fed up with keyways not holding keys. Tomorrow I will put it back together. Also my buddy bought a Lawnflite with an 18 Twin B&S we got running. Should make a wicked tractor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 4:43 pm

My Hobart mig cable got crapped up and wont feed wire. got 1 ordered and switched to the back up, and old CH80. I forgot how crappy the walmart welders were til I used a good one for a few years. Got the parts tacked but will wait for the hobart parts to finish the front end on the swamp donkey.

doin a little wrenchin' on a clone of the old 70's 3 wheeler / gocart made from an axle out of a simplicity front deck rider and forks off of a mini bike. Carb needs some work, but it will hit 40 when its running right.

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Photo_032411_002

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Photo_032411_001
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Fattypipemuarry

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 9:47 am

i got my widebody back together
painted
swapped rearend from a 5 speed to a 6 speed
pulluswapped it
lights on the front an back
new kill switch
new car bateery
new front tires all i like now is belts
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 11:18 am

That 3-wheeler is hilarious lol... I made a new bolt-on hub and changed a badly worn axle on my Rally. Hopefully I can get some reliable service from it again.. Man went almost a year with no major problems then blew everything up within 2 weeks....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your tractor today?
Page 3 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next